This is our milk. I think it's beautiful! It's hard to make out but there is quite the layer of cream on top there. I poured it into the jar so I could skim it off, but now I've changed my mind and want it mixed in so I have creamier yogurt.
One of the things he identified is known as 'Activator X', and it is found in the butterfat of milk, fish, eggs, and the organs and fats of animals. He measured the amounts in dairy products, and found that it was most concentrated in butter made from the milk of cows grazing on fast growing grass. So, it's not enough for milk to be raw. It has to be from healthy, grass fed animals.
Although it's not the only thing, the fact that it is unpasteurized is important too. Pasteurization kills not just harmful bacteria but also the beneficial, and leaves their dead bodies behind. I never thought of that until it was pointed out to me. Ew. Anyway, if you drink milk, check out the links. It's good to be informed even if we make different choices.
I was so happy to have this milk I made a batch of cookies specifically for dunking in it.
I creamed together:
1 cup butter
3/4 cup maple syrup
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 heaping tsp of chai spice
1 tsp vanilla
Then stirred in:
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup spelt flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup coconut
Baked for about 9 minutes at 350. Not too sweet, could be a little more spicy and/or coconutty next time, maybe with raisins instead of chips.

1 comments:
hi Sheila!
your babies are so lovely. it feels like forever since i saw you last, but its not been more than a few months. cassius is so grown up! *sigh* keep in touch. im back online finally!
Post a Comment