I wish I could say I made my ice cream from scratch. I'd use raw cream, free range eggs, maple syrup and vanilla, occasionally tossing in seasonal fruit, or ginger. I'd get really snobby about it too, refusing to eat that store-bought stuff. Sadly, we buy it at the store. I do try my best to avoid 'modified milk ingredients' and other vague or unfavourable components, which only leaves the expensive choices. We can't buy Haagen Daaz because that is a Nestle product (even if it is on sale for 4.50 at IGA!) so that really only leaves Ben and Jerry's, unless we are in a town with organic ice cream available. I recently discovered my new favourite flavour is One Brownie Cheesecake, and the most cost effective way to eat it is in a cone, because that way it lasts us two days instead of one. And no bowls to wash!
Welcome
Blog Archive
Friends to Read About
Mom blogs, food, household etc
Crafty Creators to Admire
DD - Darling Daughter
DS - Darling Son
DH - Dear Husband
moon
CURRENT MOON
Kids are feeling much better now. DS is over his nursing strike, and DD is ready to be out in the world again. They still have runny noses, but I expect those will be with us until spring. The van is doing some weird electrical stuff, and I have to take the fuse out so the brake light doesn't stay on overnight and kill my battery. We'll have to have that looked at, but at least it runs.
Today I skipped bootcamp because I was exhausted. I went to a knitting class instead, and exercised my fingers! DH, lucky fellow, got to stay home with the children. I found them all sleeping in our bed when I came home. So sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment