Last night was one of those rare but happy times where a baking experiment turned out.
My scientific process:
1) Dump flour in bowl. Whatever is left in the bag.
2) Add a pinch of salt, a lid full of baking powder, and a good shake of dried ginger.
3) Mix that little bit of leftover coconut milk with 2 eggs, a drizzle of maple syrup and a bit of vanilla
4) Mix well, add a bit of water for consistency
5) Pour into a buttered pie plate
6) Bake at 350 until done
7) Top with applesauce and honey
8) Marvel at own brilliance
This creation is following along with my new years goal to completely quit refined sugar. I am allowing myself all the maple syrup and honey I want for now, but no cane sugar. Yes, this means no more Ben and Jerry's Cheesecake Brownie, unless they start making it with stevia. Allowing myself unlimited maple and honey sounds pretty extravagant, but it means no commercial junk food, and I am really not going to be baking every day, so I'm sure I'll come out ahead.
I think I've quit bootcamp. I can't cope with the lack of sleep caused by getting up at 5am, so I will find another way to get fit. I could still go this week, and the following monday, but I doubt I will. I am also quitting my paper route. It is not turning out to be the get-rich-and-fit-quick scheme I dreamt it would be.
Last week we had a fun visit from our friends from Kelowna, and took the kids to the Aquarium. DD had fun, but was pretty sad we had to miss out on the Stanley Park train. We also took the kids to the Applebarn. Pictures in my Oct facebook album.
Halloween was cute. It rained, but we dressed DD up as a witch, and DS was a cat. DD got a few houses worth of candy, and then we visited Nana and then Great Grandma. Grandma's yard was quite the scene, and DH went as far as to say Best Halloween House Ever. DD was scared to death, but DS was pretty into it, although a little unnerved by a talking pumpkin. DD hid in the garage with Grandma, admiring the other children's costumes, and was quite pleased to receive some cookies. She has mentioned several times that she also got a bar, but Daddy ate it. She doesn't forget candy so easily! We somehow forgot to get costume pictures, so we will re-dress them up and get some.

0 comments:
Post a Comment