Well, we've signed our first ever lease, and we are indeed moving to Hope!
We can move anytime, but I think our official/main moving day will be March 14th. We have a great tribe of family and friends, so we will have all the help we need and I hope it goes smooth. The owners would like us to move in sooner than later, since it is empty right now, so we might do one trip with just us next weekend and camp out, then do the rest with our team.
I'm planning, planning, planning how I am going to organize my new space. It's not a big house, but there is sufficient storage for all the stuff we use. I need to get the things I don't use sorted and purged. I have two big boxes of things saved from childhood that I want to pare down to a scrapbook and a shelf in my ikea hutch, and we have lots of items that never leave their boxes that don't need to come with us. I can probably keep a bin or two of kid stuff in DD's closet, and a couple of bins in ours, but that's it. Everything else has to fit in the bathroom, the kitchen cupboards, and the built in storage in the dining room. We have a closed in porch that could be used as storage, but I think once we put our shoe and coat racks in, get a deep freeze, and park the stroller, the space will be used up!
We have to collect some furniture for the new house, and I have seen some promising ads on craigslist. We are on the lookout for a Leksvik coffee table and shoe rack from Ikea, a dining table and chairs (preferably oak to match the house), a small bed side table for DD, and a small computer desk. Sharing it with the universe will help me to manifest them!
If you want to see the area we'll be in on google earth, it's between the railroad tracks and the river, right by the Hope Airport in Hope, BC.

0 comments:
Post a Comment