On May 23, Dh and I are planning to attend a parent conference with Gordon Neufeld.  I am a fan of his book Hold On To Your Kids, and am really looking forward to this.  I really want Dh to be there with me so we will both be learning together, and hopefully be on the same page.

I am finding it so challenging to be the parent I want to be, when my partner has no idea what I am trying to do.  He understands vaguely, in theory, but I really need us to work together so we can provide a stronger base for our children.  Hold On To Your Kids should be in most libraries, so I strongly encourage everyone to give it a read.

Today we are headed to a baby shower in Mission, and Cora is all dressed up in her favourite party dress and pink tights.  Cassius is just happy to go where she goes.  Lately I've been really delighted by their connection.  They play together, give each other lots of hugs and kisses, and Cassius is now able to be comforted by Cora when I am not there or when he gets an owie.  It's very sweet.

0 comments: