On nights like tonight when DH isn't home, laying down with both kids is the easiest way to manage bedtime. I can convince DD pretty easily by asking her to 'help' me put DS to sleep, so it's like a 2 for 1. Often I fall asleep with them, since I'm pretty tired and they are so warm and cozy, but I try to wait for the early sleep twitching to stop and the breathing to slow down so I can escape and have some grown up time. Bedtimes are much easier all around than they were a year ago, and we have slowly abandoned our candle ritual. When we first started lighting the candle and saying our 'thank yous' at bedtime, it worked so well I couldn't believe it. It was a really good signal for DD that the day was over and it was time for sleep. It was also really sweet to hear what she is thankful for. I think I might start doing this at supper time instead because I think expressing thanks is very important, and good for all of us. DS has learned to say "No." We're in for it now. He's also figured out "don't". He is mostly using them with a cheeky smile on his face while thinking about doing something he shouldn't, but soon he and his sister will be "don't"ing and "no"ing each other all over the place. Woohoo. (Pic of the kids sleeping is from our trip to Nanny B's in December)
Welcome
Blog Archive
Friends to Read About
Mom blogs, food, household etc
Crafty Creators to Admire
DD - Darling Daughter
DS - Darling Son
DH - Dear Husband
moon
CURRENT MOON
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment